Friday, March 20, 2009

Keeping good habits

I don't want my blog diary to just be something I grind out,  which some blogs become.  Which is why I don't do recipes or food on my blog, thought that's my training.  I don't review books, even if that's my last career course.  I just think and do me.  So why commit myself to this, writing about my life, concerns, and interests?  Because I need to think about what's going on, my friends work and aren't as available as I am, and with this economy and my political leanings (liberal, progressive dem), my voice comes to this site and I can keep a diary and track how things are going in my life and the world, or at least my world.  

I don't think I am keeping it real as according to Emily Toth, most women use code in their diaries to prevent problems should they be read by family or partners.  Less to explain.  I just want to check in, write regularly, and making some progress with the discipline of writing.  It's like going to the health club, you do this and the results are there for you to see.

I want to write and I want my spring/summer wardrobe to fit, there you go, those are good habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment